Healthy Communities A3 Events
» Community Health and Holistic Lifestyle Events
A3 Area Hikes and Bike Rides
A3 sponsors group hikes and bike rides throughout the year. These events are free and open to all. Email announcements of upcoming events are sent out via Constant Contact Email. If you would like to be included on our list of persons interested in upcoming events, please send your Email address and contact information to email@example.com. This information will not be shared with any other organization. If inclement weather at the time of the planned event, the event will be canceled or postponed.
October 6, 2018 – Asheboro Fall Festival 10K
- Location: Asheboro, NC – Memorial Park
- Start: 8:00 a.m.
- Info: Asheboro Cultural & Recreational Services 336-626-1240
Special Mayor’s Fitness Challenge Events
All events are free and open to the public
Mayor's Fitness Challenge Brochure
“Walk off the weight – One step at a time”
- Saturday, October 20: Walk at Creekside Park, Archdale
- Saturday, October 27: Walk at Presnell Park, Seagrove
- Saturday, November 3: Walk at Freedom Park, Liberty
- Saturday, November 10: Walk at Bicentennial Park, Asheboro
- All walks will begin at 9 a.m. at the designated park
- Sunday, October 14: Hike in the Birkhead Wilderness to Cooper Cemetery
- Sunday, October 21: Hike to the Gold Mines in the Birkhead Wilderness in the Uwharrie National Forest
- Sunday, November 4: Hike at Franklinville Rail Trail and visit historic Faith Rock
- Sunday, November 11: Hike at Mount Shepherd Retreat Center to the highest point in Randolph County
- All hikes meet at the Downtown Asheboro Farmer’s Market at 1:30 p.m. to car caravan to the site of the hike.
- If it is raining at the time of the event, the event will be cancelled/postponed.
- Questions? Need Directions? Contact Jim Rich at 336-625-2993 or firstname.lastname@example.org