Thursday, September 30
Kickoff video presentation available via YouTube link. To view the link, and signup as an individual or team, go to:
Saturday, October 2
Begin logging your activities! This is the official start of the 2021 Mayor’s Fitness Challenge.
Sunday, November 14
This is the final day for logging steps as part of the Challenge.
Tuesday, December 7
Awards Ceremony – Sunset Theater at 5:30 pm
All Saturday walks will begin at 9am except Oct 23.
- Saturday, October 2: Parkrun 5K (walk/run) at 9 am at Creekside Park, Archdale
- Saturday, October 9: Walk in Trinity; meet at the parking lot near old Braxton Craven 6th grade at 9 am
- Saturday, October 16: Walk at Ramseur Rail Trail section of DRST at 5960 US 64 Hwy at 9 am
- Saturday, October 23: Human Race 5K (walk/run) at Bicentennial Park at 10 am, Asheboro
- Saturday, October 30: Walk at Freedom Park at 9 am, Liberty
- Saturday, November 6: Walk at Clay Presnell Park at 9 am, Seagrove
- Saturday, November 13: Walk at Randleman Greenway on Deep River State Trail at 9 am
All hikes will meet at the downtown Asheboro Farmer’s Market at 1:30 pm to car caravan to the site of the hike.
Hikes will be cancelled/postponed due to rain.
Questions? Need Directions? Contact Jim Rich at 336-625-2993 or email@example.com
- Sunday, October 10: Hike at Franklinville Rail Trail and historic Faith Rock
- Sunday, October 17: Hike at the Birkhead Wilderness in the Uwharrie National Forest
- Sunday, October 24: Hike at Purgatory Mountain at the NC Zoo
- Sunday, October 31: Hike at Mount Shepherd Retreat Center to the highest point in Randolph County
- Sunday, November 7: Hike at Camp Caraway Conference Center & Camp